Monday, July 27, 2009

New and Interesting Foods

So with the new diet change for Don, I am trying new things. I used to make beef meatballs and so since he cannot have beef anymore, I am now making it with ground turkey. To my surprise, it is really good ! Here's what I do: crumble 1 lb ground turkey in a mixing bowl, add 1 Tbsp onion (fresh or dried) then add 1 tsp of parsley and some garlic (measure to your taste) a dash of salt and pepper. Now, mix the ingredients and roll into 1 inch balls. Have a medium skillet heated and lightly oiled. Drop the meatballs in and keep them turning until all have lightly browned. Then, add 2 cups of turkey or onion gravy over them and allow them to simmer on low to medium heat for about 15-20 minutes. Now you have yummy meatballs and gravy!! Perfect with mashed potatoes or rice pilaf ! Try ! I did....and my family was ready for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment